Experienced by persons with disabilities
Goals And Objectives
The objectives Of this program are:
- provision of employment services to unemployed or underemployed persons with disabilities from ethnocultural communities.
- Prepare these unemployed, disabled, ethnocultural communities to find and keep employment or become self-employed.
- Organizing content and knowledge for needs assessment, service delivery that accommodate persons with disabilities of ethnocultural background.
- Design individualized assessment plans based on realistic and practical need. Such methods are intended to enhance the individual’s capacity to network and explore avenues for employment and educational opportunities. Providing appropriate resource allocations to meet specific participant’s expectations and achievable goals.
- Put together an awareness program highlighting the unique needs of youth with disabilities of ethnocultural background and developing compensatory strategies for them to utilize to overcome discrimination, which emanates from double jeopardy of being a member of both racial minority and disability communities.
- Promotes professionalism within the CAP site, which is dynamic, purposeful, relevant and responsive to the unique needs of all participants regardless of their racial, religious, gender or linguistic background.
The environmental inventory process involves asking yourself three questions:
- What does a participant who does not have a disability and is not a member of the visible minority do in this environment?
- What do a participant who has a disability and a member of the visible minority do in this environment? What is the discrepancy?
- What types of supports and or adaptations can be put in place to increase the participation level or independence of the participant who has a disability and a member of the visible minority?